Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Wow, it's Chinese New Year again! I can feel the festivity in the air already. Every year, I will make Pineapple tarts using my recipe. I buy fresh pineapples from the market and prepare them into jam to be used in my pineapple tarts. The taste of fresh pineapple jam is so much better than commercially prepared ones.
Labels: All about Pineapple Tarts
Friday, February 05, 2010
This is a very easy cheese bread to make. No need to knead and no need to use a mixer! If you like your bread very cheesy, sprinkle more cheese on top of the buns just before baking.
Here's the recipe (makes 12):
60ml warm water
3.5 tsp instant yeast
300g bread flour
2 tsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt
125g cheddar cheese (in a block, not the slices)
120ml milk, room temperature
125g butter, melted
1. Mix water and yeast. Cover till it turns frothy.
2. Melt butter (use the microwave or the stove).
3. Grate the cheese.
4. Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add 100g grated cheese (reserve the extra 25g for use later) and mix.
5. Add yeast mixture, milk and eggs. Mix vigorously with a spoon.
6. Add butter. Mix till thoroughly combined.
7. Cover and place in unheated oven for 1.5 hours.
8. Line regular-sized muffin tray with baking cases.
9. Stir dough and spoon it into baking cases. Cover for 30 min.
10. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
11. Sprinkle cheese on dough. (Sprinkle more if you like it more cheesy.)
12. Bake 20 to 25min till golden brown.
The above shows the batter being baked.
And 20mins later!
Pretty Cherry Blossom Cookie. Another of my favourite cookie to bake!
Fragrant Lychee Muffins. These muffins are soft and delicious and they never fail to delight!
And thank you to Jesus Christ, my Saviour and my Lord, for His grace, mercy and mighty love. How great Thou art!
Labels: Cheese bread recipe
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Strawberry Jam Cupcake - for those who like some jam in their cakes.
Fruit Cupcake - for that nostalgic taste!
Orange Cupcake - my personal favourite because the tart and slightly sour citrus peel contrasts well with the buttery cupcake.
Blueberry Jam Cupcake - another of my favourites!
Chocolate Chip Cupcake - most kids love this flavour.
Cupcake batter waiting to be baked
Cupcakes baking away in the oven.