Friday, February 05, 2010

Cheese bread recipe


This is a very easy cheese bread to make. No need to knead and no need to use a mixer! If you like your bread very cheesy, sprinkle more cheese on top of the buns just before baking.

Here's the recipe (makes 12):
Ingredients:
60ml warm water
3.5 tsp instant yeast
300g bread flour
2 tsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt
125g cheddar cheese (in a block, not the slices)
120ml milk, room temperature
3 eggs
125g butter, melted
Method:
1. Mix water and yeast. Cover till it turns frothy.
2. Melt butter (use the microwave or the stove).
3. Grate the cheese.
4. Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add 100g grated cheese (reserve the extra 25g for use later) and mix.
5. Add yeast mixture, milk and eggs. Mix vigorously with a spoon.
6. Add butter. Mix till thoroughly combined.
7. Cover and place in unheated oven for 1.5 hours.
8. Line regular-sized muffin tray with baking cases.
9. Stir dough and spoon it into baking cases. Cover for 30 min.
10. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
11. Sprinkle cheese on dough. (Sprinkle more if you like it more cheesy.)
12. Bake 20 to 25min till golden brown.

 The above shows the batter being baked.
And 20mins later!

 
Pretty Cherry Blossom Cookie. Another of my favourite cookie to bake!
Fragrant Lychee Muffins. These muffins are soft and delicious and they never fail to delight!

And thank you to Jesus Christ, my Saviour and my Lord, for His grace, mercy and mighty love. How great Thou art!

1 comment:

Anna + Adeline said...

Thank you very much for believing in me and publishing my very first cookbook, and also for the countless opportunities and kind help you have showered on me from the very beginning.

From editing my longwinded recipes to make them read-able, taking beautiful photographs, promoting and distributing my book, recording and putting up baking videos on youtube, you did so much just to make the book happen.

I can't even name all the times you have generously helped me out or just lent a listening ear, especially when i was facing difficulties.

You have been such a positive and uplifting influence in my life. I am grateful to have met you. Your family is lovely too!

God bless you and I wish you and your business a very successful and happy 2010 ahead.


Anna Chan